By Allison Camp
- Poinsettias-Expect the Unexpected & Garden Railway (Now until Jan. 7)
Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens – See a beautiful display of poinsettias along with a railway exhibit to help jumpstart the holiday spirit!
2. Ice Skating & Ice Biking at Canalside (Now until March 18)
The Ice on Canalside-Ice skate, ride an ice bike or partake in curling. Perfect activity for all ages. If you get tired from all that, there’s a Winter Café to satisfy your hunger.
3. Fatima Shrine Festival of Lights (Nov. 18 until Jan. 6)
75 lit displays along with an illuminated Shrine! If you climb to the top of the Basilica you can see the entire display!
4. Jingle Falls (Dec. 2, 9 and 16)
Three Saturdays in December all with different activities going on throughout the entire day!! The festival will start between 9 and 10 a.m. on each day on Old Falls St. and will go until about 8 p.m.
5. Fireworks over the Falls (Now until Jan. 26)
Fireworks over the falls are viewable from NY and Canada! Every Friday night at 9 p.m.
6. Downtown Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration (Dec. 2)
See Santa Claus, take horse and wagon rides, watch fireworks and go ice skating! Celebration starts at 5 p.m. with a countdown to the tree lighting. Events takes place on Main & Chippewa Streets in Buffalo.